A) RESEARCH GRANTS Sanctioned (about 3.25 Crore)
- Special Assistance Programme of UGC: Rs. 75 Lacs: The Department has been sanctioned Rs. 75 Lacs by the UGC under its SAP (2013-2018), out which about 65 Lacs has been utilized till date.
- Visveraraya PHD Scheme: Rs. 1.08 Crore: The Department successfully defended its proposal for Visvesrarayar PhD scheme of the Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY), Government of India in the year 2015-2016. Accordingly, DeitY sanctioned an amount of Rs. 80.09 lacs which was later enhanced to the tune of Rs. 1.08 crore. Scholarships to the tune of Rs. 31,500 per month for first two years and Rs. 35,000 for the remaining 3 years has been sanctioned by DeitY in favor of these full time PhD scholars. In addition, reimbursement of rent is also provided under the scheme.
- FIST: An amount of Rs. 20 lacs was provided by DST, govt. of India under its FIST scheme phase-I
- Seven (7) Major Research Projects from various funding agencies (DST, UGC, MeitY) with a total sanctioned grant of about (1.5 Crore)
- Introduced 2 Years M. Tech. Programme in Embedded Systems and Solutions to foster growth and entrepreneurship in Electronics System Design and Manufacturing (ESDM)
- Revised M. Sc. programme in 2015 as per new guidelines for CBCS having many options for DCE, GE, and OE Courses.
- Integrated PhD, PhD and M. Phil prorammes,
- Inspire Scholarships, VPhD Scholarships, Projects, Co-guides from colleges strengthened Research programmes at the Department
C) INFRASTRUCTURE Upgradation
- Hardware and Software Laboratories created in 2016-2018
- Hardware and Software Procured Recently:
- Cadence Virtuso Suite (VLSI Design, Circuit Simulation, etc.);
- Matlab (Signal/Image processing, Communication, etc.);
- Access Data Forensic Tool Kit (Digital Investigation);
- Three high-end Dell Servers/Workstations
- FRED Workstation;
- One L3 & three L2 Switches,
- Networking in labs & Internetwork with other labs through Fiber;
- Computer Systems & other accessories
- Silvaco TCAD Material and Device Software
- ARM Keil MDK Pro 100 Licence from ARM
- DS 5 Pro 100 Licence from ARM
- Software Defined Radio
- FPGA Kits & Boards
- Embedded Development Boards (Cortex M, PIC and ATMega)
- T&M Measuring Equipment
D) Other Achievements
- 125 publications in Journals/conferences and books of repute from 2012 to 2017
- 54 students have qualified various competitive exams such as NET, SET, GATECMAT, etc. (2012 to 2017)
- Organized 5 events that include one International Conference, 4 national seminars and from 2016 to 2018. The proceeding of each have been published with ISBN.
- Awarded 12 PhD and 17 MPhil degrees from 2012 to 2017.
- Awarded 160 Postgraduate degrees in Electronic Sciences from 2014 to 2017.
- Awarded 160 B. Tech. ECE degrees 2014 to 2017.
- To further improve RESEARCH, FUNDING AND COLLABORATIONS.
- SMART CLASSROOM/LAB: To permit the conduct of classes for some selected courses by subject experts from within and outside the country. Some spadework has already been done in this regard;
- Modular Electronics Laboratory:
- WORKSHOPS/SEMINARS AND CONFERENCES:
- Executive, Faculty Development and inter-University Exchange Programmes
- COMMUNE 2020: Seeking Technical Sponsorship of IEEE, Scopus
- Society: Working on the Creation of Sub-Section of IEEE and CSI at the University of Kashmir
- Information cum Placement Brochure: Working on Information cum Placement Brochure for wider publicity of the facilities in the Department and well as for the M. Tech. ESS and M. Sc. Pass out Students.
- Faculty Recruitment both unfilled positions and seek more positions.